Hello all of my lovely people! I have been so absent, and I deeply apologize for that. I have sadly been out of the habit of posting lately, and have finally convinced myself to start up again. It is already 2020, which is blowing my mind. This year, I hope to flourish in blogging and other writing.
For today, I am posting a new recipe that I tried last week, and got many wonderful results from my family members.
Ingredients (for larger families, double this recipe.)
- 1/2 butter (softened)
- 1/2 granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup of packed light or dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Zest of 2 oranges
- 1 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. orange juice
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter until it is smooth. Add both sugars, and mix until the consistency is creamy. Add the eggs, yogurt and vanilla extract. Beat well, until the mixture is combined well. Once that is finished, add the orange zest.
3. In a large bowl, mix together your dry ingredients. Add the wet mixture to the bowl, and mix with a whisk. Once everything is mixed well, add the milk and orange juice. Fold in the cranberries until well combined.
4. Fill in the muffin cups with batter, up until the cup is full. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the muffins are well baked in the middle. I always like to stick a tooth pick in the centre. If the pick comes out clean, the muffins are done. Allow the muffins to cool on a cooling rack, before you store them.